In accordance with tradition, all Vipassana Hawai’i teachers offer their teachings free of charge and are supported through the freely-offered generosity of students and supporters. Costs associated with retreats cover the expenses associated with food, lodging, and administration but not teacher time, training, effort, or energy. Our Sunday sittings are free of charge. We believe that this commitment helps keep the purity of the teachings alive and thriving, as it has for millennia.
Our ongoing efforts are only made possible through generous donations from the members in our community. We offer several methods for the community to support our work around the world. Contribute to a specific campaign via our secure online system.
- Donate: Teacher Dana allows our teachers to sustain themselves in a way that keeps the teachings pure from the exchange economy.
- Donate: MettaDana
provides humanitarian aid in Burma (Myanmar). To read more, visit our MettaDana page.
- Donate: Scholarship support
provides retreat opportunities to students who otherwise might not be ableto afford registration fees.
is absolutely vital for the continuation of all our programs; it serves in the background, applied where current needs are greatest. On this general donation page
you can also let us know how you would like your gift to serve for any specific purpose.
To Learn more about the practice of Dana, click here.
- Sending in your donation by mail: Make checks out to Vipassana Hawai‘i. Our mailing address is PO Box 551681, Kapa‘au, Hawai‘i 96755.
- A recurring gift: If you wish, the option to donate an amount at regular interval is available on the donations page.
- Volunteer opportunities are another way community members share their time and enthusiasm together.
- Email us at: information (at) vipassanahawaii (dot) org and let us know about your interests or skills.
Your contributions to Vipassana Hawai’i are tax-deductible. We are grateful for your generous support.